Purpose of Position
Have you ever visited a website and thought “That brand deserves better.” Do you get excited about the notion of creating art that is fluid, reactive, and viewed by millions of people? Have you ever had big dreams for a design, but were limited by resources?
If so, you might be the Genius we’re looking for.
We’re seeking a talented Interactive Designer to join a growing lab of Geniuses creating beautifully functioning digital solutions for an expanding list of clients. Someone who regularly says “I want to try this.” Someone who can generate innovative ideas that can realistically be applied to across all media. Someone who loves what they do, and is aching to team up with others of kindred spirit.
As an Interactive Designer, you’ll work within the digital team to establish the identity for our client’s websites, social media, and the occasional application. No two jobs will be the same. Scopes vary from one-day projects to one-year projects. You will collaborate with developers, designers, animators, illustrators, video producers, and copywriters to provide users with a great digital experience. You will be involved in client meetings to help develop insightful digital strategies. You will be challenged to pursue what is next over what is now. You’ll also feel peer pressure to have Star Wars toys in your workspace.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, technology, or communications related field
- 2+ years experience in a web design field
- Passion for creating great interfaces that fuel an excellent user experience
- Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
- Passion to experiment with new development techniques
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud / Sketch software
- A knowledge of how HTML/JS/CSS interact with interface design
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (predominantly WordPress)
- Ability to develop a brand’s identity and apply standards to digital media
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and highly developed problem solving skills
- Exceptional online portfolio showcasing grasp of typography, ui design, and composition
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with ADA and WCAG Compliance
- Any additional web development skills
- Photography experience
- Experience leveraging google analytics as a design tool
- Presentation skills
This position is for in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.