At Mad Genius, we aim to deliver the unexpected—for our clients and for one another. We do this by holding our values at the core of the decisions we make, choosing always to be creative, curious, competitive, collaborative, and courageous. All of that looks a lot like this. Sound like the kind of place you want to work? Perfect. Read on…
What You’ll Do
A Mad Genius interactive designer works within the digital team to establish the identity of our clients on websites, social media, and the occasional application. No two jobs will be the same. Scopes vary from one-day projects to one-year projects. You will collaborate with developers, designers, animators, illustrators, video producers, and copywriters to provide users with a great digital experience. Client meetings to help develop insightful digital strategies will include you. You will be challenged to pursue “next” over “now.” There will also be peer pressure to have Star Wars toys in your workspace.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in design, technology, or communications related field
- At least two years of experience in a web design field
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing grasp of typography, design, and composition
- Passion for creating great interfaces that fuel user experience
- A longing to stay up-to-date with the latest best practices
- Curiosity to experiment with new development techniques
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- A knowledge of how HTML/JS/CSS interact with design
- Knowledge of responsive web design techniques
- Experience working with content management systems (predominantly WordPress)
- Ability to develop a brand’s identity and apply standards to digital media
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and highly developed problem-solving skills
- Breakdancing expertise is also looked upon favorably, but is not required
This position is in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.