At Mad Genius, we aim to deliver the unexpected—for our clients and for one another. We do this by holding our values at the core of the decisions we make, choosing always to be creative, curious, competitive, collaborative, and courageous. All of that looks a lot like this. Sound like the kind of place you want to work? Perfect. Read on…
What You’ll Do
As our accounts director, you’ll be responsible for the accounts team, developing and maintaining clients relationships to evolve effective communications and tactical plans. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, to eke out new opportunities and predict client needs. It’s pivotal that you’re a natural at nurturing connections and building trust, both with clients and their internal partners. You’ll need to initiate, maintain, and manage every phase of client engagement, not only from the perspective of the accounts team, but also in how those phases relate to our different departments’ work. You’ll manage day-to-day workflows across a cross-functional team, and love every minute of it.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience with a strong preference for agency background, management consulting, or other high-profile client-facing roles
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, project management, business, or a related field (MBA preferred)
- A fast processor, someone able to get what the client wants and recommend what they need, sometimes before the client knows it
- An efficacious team leader who can deploy referent and expert influence
- The cool sense of urgency that comes devoid of appearing stressed
- The ability to plan and strategize at a master level
- Magisterial written and oral communication skills
- The ability to manage both little details and big budgets
- An acute awareness of creative and productive processes and techniques
- Able to evaluate ideal fits between the agency and potential clients
- A record of work that shows how great you are at everything listed above
This position is for in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.