Purpose of Position
Whenever you check out a new website, do you reserve judgement until you have viewed the source? Do you consider the use of a mouse “optional”? Do you thrive on the challenge of efficiently solving challenging problems?
We’re seeking a talented Senior Web Developer to join a growing lab of Geniuses creating beautifully functioning digital solutions for a growing list of clients. Someone who rarely says “No, I can’t build that.” Someone who can’t wait to try new dev technologies. Someone itching for the chance to have their brilliant code out in the world put to awe-inspiring use. Someone who can take innovative ideas and translate them into realistic application. Someone who loves what they do, and is aching to team up with others of kindred spirit.
As a Senior Web Developer, you’ll work closely with the digital team to build websites and the occasional application. No two jobs will be the same. Scopes vary from one-day projects to one-year projects. You will collaborate with and lead other developers, designers, and strategists to provide users with a great digital experience. You will be involved in client discovery meetings to help develop insightful digital plans. You will get to be experimental with your code. You’ll also feel peer pressure to have toys in your workspace.
- A deep team-first mentality
- 5+ years experience in website/application design and development
- Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
- Passion to experiment with new development techniques
- Ability to prioritize time across multiple of active projects to meet deadlines
- Experience coaching other developers and designers
- Strong frontend HTML/JS/CSS skills
- Experience with frontend frameworks
- LAMP stack proficiency
- Linux administration
- Experience working with, extending, and integrating Content Management Systems (predominantly WordPress)
- API integration experience
- Experience with version control systems
- Self-motivated problem solver
- Ability to git terrible puns
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with E-Commerce SAAS (such as Shopify or Magento)
- Windows server management
- Experience with asp.net
- Mobile application development
- HTML5 Canvas development
- UI/UX skills
- Experience with ADA and WCAG Compliance
- Client interaction skills
This position is for in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.