At Mad Genius, we aim to deliver the unexpected—for our clients and for one another. We do this by holding our values at the core of the decisions we make, choosing always to be creative, curious, competitive, collaborative, and courageous. All of that looks a lot like this. Sound like the kind of place you want to work? Perfect. Read on…
What You’ll Do
At Mad Genius, a senior designer leads the creation of fresh, compelling, eye-catching looks that set our clients’ brands apart. You’ll collaborate with an array of geniuses to brainstorm fresh ideas and use the power of typography, photography, and illustration to give brands true momentum. Interaction with clients in face-to-face discovery meetings, milestone check-ins, and presentations is to be expected. Can you manage multiple projects and deadlines? Good, because we’ll ask you to. You’ll coach other designers to hone their craft and strengthen their work. You’ll get a monogrammed lab coat and argue over and over about the latest summer movie event. Work will be hard, but if you’re the right person, it won’t feel like work at all.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, fine art, or mass communications field
- No fewer than four years of agency or marketing firm experience
- Regional brand campaign experience required, but national is preferred
- Team management experience
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing grasp of typography, design, and composition
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Ability to develop a brand’s identity and apply standards to digital media
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Adept in illustration
- Knowledge of responsive web design techniques
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Photography experience
- Presentation skills
This position is in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.