At Mad Genius, we aim to deliver the unexpected—for our clients and for one another. We do this by holding our values at the core of the decisions we make, choosing always to be creative, curious, competitive, collaborative, and courageous. All of that looks a lot like this. Sound like the kind of place you want to work? Perfect. Read on…
What You’ll Do
A Mad Genius graphic designer helps lead the creation of fresh, compelling, eye-catching looks that set our clients’ brands apart. Plan on collaboration with an array of geniuses in web, social, design, video, and animation to brainstorm ideas and use the power of typography, photography, and illustration to give brands momentum. You’ll be given multiple projects and deadlines to manage, and will work hand-in hand with our creative directors to assure campaigns look surprisingly consistent in all media. Prepare to overhear and be dragged into hilarious, if not enlightening, discussions on sci-fi movies, tech gadgetry, and the cinematography in the latest Netflix binge hit. You’ll work hard. But if you’re the right person, none of it will feel like work.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, fine art, or mass communications field
- Two years of agency or marketing firm experience
- An exceptional online portfolio showcasing grasp of typography, design, and composition
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Ability to develop a brand’s identity and apply standards to digital media
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and highly developed problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Adept in illustration
- Knowledge of responsive web design techniques
- Experience creating simple motion graphics
- Photography experience
- Presentation skills
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS/JS would be neato
- Video production experience of any kind is also pretty cool
This position is in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.