Do you flip through magazines at coffee shops and spit take when you see bad kerning? Do you lose your appetite when the menu is ugly? Do you doodle in meetings and, even though you’re listening closely, then look up to find everyone is staring at you because doodling isn’t allowed in your meetings?
If so, you might be the genius we’re looking for.
A Mad Genius graphic designer helps lead the creation of fresh, compelling, eye-catching looks that set our clients’ brands apart. You’ll collaborate with an array of geniuses in web, social, design, video, and animation to brainstorm ideas and use the power of typography, photography, and illustration to give brands momentum. You’ll be given multiple projects and deadlines to manage. You’ll work hand-in hand with our creative directors to assure campaigns look surprisingly consistent in all media. You’ll learn that it’s impossible to come up with 100 bad ideas. You’ll overhear and more than likely be dragged into hilarious, if not enlightening, discussions on sci-fi movies, tech gadgetry, and the cinematography in the latest Netflix binge hit. You’ll get a monogrammed lab coat. You’ll work hard. But if you’re the right person, none of it will feel like work.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, technology, or communications related field
- 2+ years experience in a web design field
- Passion for creating great interfaces that fuel an excellent user experience
- Desire for staying up-to-date with the latest best practices
- Passion to experiment with new development techniques
- Ability to prioritize time across dozens of active projects to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software
- A knowledge of how HTML/JS/CSS interact with design
- Knowledge of Responsive Web Design techniques
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (predominantly WordPress)
- Ability to develop a brand’s identity and apply standards to digital media
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and highly developed problem solving skills
- Exceptional online portfolio showcasing grasp of typography, design, and composition
Nice to Haves:
- Coding skill to take a project from start to finish
- Photography experience
- Experience leveraging google analytics as a design tool
- Presentation skills
This position is for in-house only. Remote candidates will not be considered at this time.
Mad Genius, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.